BE PREPARED FOR A MOUNTAIN BIKING CHALLENGE
- Make sure your bike is ready to go. Check that the tyres are pumped up, your brakes work, and you've got a puncture repair kit, just in case.
- Ensure you've got the appropriate gear to wear during the event, and an extra set of clothes for afterwards (and check the weather before you come - expect typical autumn weather - unpredictable.)
- Register online if you haven't already, to save time on the day. See Entry Fees.
- If you haven't pre-registered, you may be able to register from 8:00 am on event day. Please bring cash, as there are no EFTPOS facilities available at the site.
- The Skyline Challenge is a family event. Feel free to enjoy the family fun, food, music and entertainment on offer before and after the event. There will be a free BBQ, bouncy castle, band and coffee cart. There’s plenty of room for a picnic after your walk or ride. Please do not bring alcohol onto the site as we are not licensed for this activity.
- Have you heard about our 'Camp David'? Looked after by fellow Lion and local Martinborough legend David Kershaw, this vantage point 4km from the start has free juice and water available, jelly beans if you need, and even a few chairs to park up on, in case you'd like to stop for a while and take in the views or take a few photos!
- There is no official timekeeping for this event. We will have clocks at the finish line, so that you can keep a record of your finish time if you wish.
- Start and event briefing times as follows:
32 km ride: Starts 9:00 am, event briefing at 8:55am
16 km ride: Starts 9:10 am for riders, event briefing at 8.55am
16 km ride: Starts 9:20 am for runners, event briefing at 8.55am
8 km ride: Starts 9:30 am for riders, event briefing at 9:25am
8 km ride: Starts 9:40 am for runners & walkers, event briefing at 9:25am
3 km walk: Starts 10.00 am, event briefing at 9:55am