FAQs and Being Prepared
for the Skyline Challenge
Make sure your bike is ready to go. Check that the tyres are pumped up, your brakes work, and you’ve got a puncture repair kit, just in case.
Ensure you’ve got the appropriate gear to wear during the event, and an extra set of clothes for afterwards (and check the weather before you come – expect typical autumn weather – unpredictable.)
Register online if you haven’t already, for best rates and to save time on the day.
The Skyline Challenge is a family event. Feel free to enjoy the family fun, food, music and entertainment on offer before and after the event. There will be a BBQ, free sausage-sizzle for kids and a coffee/food cart. There’s plenty of room for a picnic after your walk or ride. We don’t accept cash but there will be EFTPOS available to buy food and drinks. Please do not bring alcohol onto the site as we are not licensed for this.
Have you heard about our ‘Camp David’? Looked after by fellow Lion and local Martinborough legend David Kershaw, this vantage point 4km from the start has free juice and water available, jelly beans if you need, and even a few chairs to park up on, in case you’d like to stop for a while and take in the views or take a few photos!
What is the registration/payment process?
- We collect names, addresses and contact information for all participants because of the COVID-19 situation.
- Participants may register individually or in groups via a lead person. Select “Register” from the home page menu, select the number & type of ticket(s) required and hit the <Register> button.
- The next screen is then displayed so that you can enter details for each of the individuals you are buying tickets for.
- Once you have completed entering details for all tickets then press the <Proceed to payment> button at the bottom of the screen.
- Review your ticket purchases (hit your browser back button if you need to correct your selections) , select Stripe as the payment option and hit the <Proceed to finalise registration> button to go to the Stripe payment page to complete your purchase.
- You’re now registered for the Skyline Challenge & Family Day.
How can I pay?
We only accept online credit card payments through the Stripe payment processing gateway. All major credit cards are supported.
Is my credit card safe?
We do not store credit card information.
We use Stripe for payment processing. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. To accomplish this, Stripe use the best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security at Stripe.
Visit Stripe.com for more information.
Can I buy tickets on the day?
Tickets can be bought online right up to the start times but, given the very rural setting and reception variability, we recommend that you buy tickets before the event day (it will be slightly cheaper too) or before you leave home on the day.
There is an ‘early bird’ discount for tickets bought before 1 March 2021.
I need a refund. Is this possible?
We may (at our sole discretion) provide a refund if you need to cancel. Please bear in mind that this is a fund-raising event for charity. Therefore, if we do grant a refund this will not be for the full amount paid to avoid the charity having to in effect bear costs associated with credit card payment and ticket agency fees. 10% of the amount paid will be retained for this purpose.